News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hydro-Lectric Hose

Started by Tito Sobrinho, September 13, 2015, 05:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tito Sobrinho

I need help!

The hose inside the kick panel is leaking, and I'm glad is ATF.
Do one have to go trough the metal panel cuts or is it a better way? I did remove the metal tube from the rubber hose close to you, but the farthest  second connection is very difficult.
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Scot Minesinger

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Tito Sobrinho

Tito S.

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Joe V

If the second connection you are referring to is the connection to the metal line that goes into the door, there is no easier way than working through the metal panel cuts.  Unless you want to open up the door and remove the door metal line.

Depending on how the metal line coming from the door is bent, it may be easier to work from the inside with the door closed to get the best angle to put a wrench on the rubber hose and one on the metal line fitting.

Tito Sobrinho

I did remove the hose using the metal cuts. Tomorrow,  I'll be going to a hydraulic hose facility  in town to buy the hose and add the right connections.
Thanks for your answer and BTW, I love your '49 convertible colour.
Tito S.