News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1969 El Dorado

Started by rossstern62, September 15, 2015, 02:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossstern62

i have a 69 eldorado . i have no power to the switches in the door. i have power to the fuse box and out of the fuse box . am i missing a relay some where? is there a power window relay that i can not find?

thank you

Ross

Rob Troxel

I'd bet the wires in the conduit between the body and the door are broken.  Every Riviera and Eldorado can have this issue.

You must fillet that rubber conduit (from the bottom and check the wires.  My 68  Eldo had 4 wires broken and another about ready to.  Keep us posted

rossstern62

thank you  i am going to check it out.

James Landi

Zeroed right in on this issue!-- Suggestion: I used yellow #10 wire butt connectors inside of that rubber sleeve-- and that work around was fine for many more years.  Whatever you do to repair these wires, disconnect the battery, because many of those broken wires are HOT!  Happy day.

rossstern62

TJ Hopland

A couple layers of shrink tube different lengths will help with the flexing if there is room.    Put the longer piece on the inside then the shorter one out so you get a stepped sort of effect.   It will flex a little at the first one and then a little less at the second.  IF you don't do anything like that it will tend to flex right at the point of the crimp connector or solder joint and won't last long.  The shrink tubing distributes it slightly.  THe shrink tube is also softer on the outside so it won't tend to scuff the wires next to it either.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Rob Troxel

Thanks. Great suggestion ! Wish I'd thought of that when I repaired my Eldo.

Highwayman68

I just went through this exact same situation with my 68 Fleetwood. I ended up fishing a new wire through and used parallel crimp connectors on both sides, in the door and behind the kick plate.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981