News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac odometer & trip

Started by Mike62, September 16, 2015, 08:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike62

Hi....newbie to the forum, educating myself with the '55 - '56 model years. Looking at a '56 Series 62 sedan.  I have not seen the car yet, but seller sent pic of odometer reading.  It is my understanding, that the reading on the left is the mileage, reading on the right is the trip.  Seller knows very little about the car.....was his grandfather's, that's why I'm asking to clarify here.  Hope pics were attached to this post....sorry, again newbie.  So either the car has 106k+ miles or 6000+ miles.  If/when I see the car hoping to find a glovebox receipt or oil change door sticker....with date & mileage of service.  Thanks in advance.

Coupe Deville

You are correct. The mileage on the right is the trip, and the left is the vehicle millage. That cars odometer has rolled over at least once. Its 106,000 miles. Unless it is actually 6,000 original miles. But that seems unlikely.
When I bought my 61' SDV (sedan deville) the seller claimed it only had 9,000 original miles. That car is so clapped out its 109,000 miles, no doubt.

Best of luck!

-Gavin
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

Mike62

Thanks Gavin for the prompt reply and odometer clarification.  I've seen other pics of car and it's in amazing shape.  I guess seeing the car in person would squelch if car really had 6k miles.  Interior pic.

Coupe Deville

Wow. That is in very good condition. Yes, if you do go see it check for the typical wear items over the time period of a car. Such as the drivers door latch and striker, wear on the ignition switch and key, wear on the brake pedal pad, ect. If this turns out to be a true 6,000 mile car... you have found something very special! I use to own a 1957 Cadillac, but it was the complete opposite of your car condition wise.
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

Tito Sobrinho

Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Roger Zimmermann

Look the condition or the RH door armrest. The car has more than 6000 miles.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101