News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1968 DeVille fuel lines

Started by Matt 12861, September 19, 2015, 07:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt 12861

Has any one ever got the front to back fuel line and return lines off in one piece?  is it possible or should I give up now.  The car isn't on a lift but it is sitting about two feet off the ground.  And what about the clip that holds the lines above the coil spring?  I think someone before me rounded the head, but it feels like even if I get it unscrewed it would barely clear the body.  Any ideas?  Thanks,
Matt Givler
Matt Givler #12861

Scot Minesinger

There is no point.  Presuming you are replacing them.  It should not matter if they do not survive removal.

The fuel lines front to back have been replaced on all three of my 1970 Cadillacs.  To get the pre-bent replacements installed in one piece you have to remove the passenger side body bushing over the rear axel, which is quite a task unless you plan to replace the body to frame bushings - yes did that too.  If you don't want to remove the bushings, you will need to cut and double flare the fuel lines with splices in at least one place.

Must be a real nice mechanical restore you are doing, as few of my friends go this far.

Enjoy your Cadillac!
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty