News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'59 Biarritz

Started by Johnny Dee, September 28, 2015, 05:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Dee

I am considering bidding on the 59 Biarritz being auctioned in Hershey next week. I know very little about the car and am looking for a knowledgeable person to help me with the due diligence, preferably live next Thursday in Hershey. Help?

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

This one: http://www.rmsothebys.com/hf15/hershey/lots/1959-cadillac-eldorado-biarritz/1076592

I assume you're aware the exterior color has been from Olympic White (Code 90) to Persian Sand.

You should also be aware that the interior has also been partially color changed: Code 10 TRIM is white leather with gray dash and carpets. On this car the dash and carpeting is a rose color which, although harmonizes nicely with the Persian Sand exterior, it is not the original interior color scheme nor was it offered, except of course by special order.

I was also particularly struck by the fact that the data plate lists Accessories as EH (EZ Eye Glass and Heater) however "K" (Air Conditioning) does not appear, yet the car has air conditioning. This means that the Air Conditioning system was installed at some point after the car had been built.

Otherwise it appears to be a very beautifully done car all the same.

**I'm sure Bill Refakis knows everything else there is to know about it, beyond what I have noted. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

wrefakis

Actually I do not advise on purchases, I feel we all should buy what we like.
I like original as possible, and the cars history adds to my enjoyment of ownership.
others may want one to drive, take to shows, whatever and things that matter to me could mean nothing to them.

buy what you like is the best plan

76eldo

Johnny,

I assist buyers and sellers on a regular basis.

I am very familiar with 59 and 60's and own a few of these.

I live about two hours from Hershey and can look at the car with you.

You can email me at rachlin@comcast.net and I will call you tomorrow to discuss your potential purchase.

Brian Rachlin
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Scot Minesinger

I saw this car and it is super nice.  Will post same picture on other thread on same car.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty