News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Vogue Tyres

Started by RobW, September 28, 2015, 09:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobW

picked up a set of vogues for my 73. haven't mounted them yet. probably get them mounted on Saturday. they offer a 30 day buy 'em and try 'em. if for any reason I don't like them I can return them for a complete refund less mounting/balancing or exchange for another brand. purchased the  warranty certificates that offer 10 year or down to 3/32 tread free replacement, not pro-rated. they also offer free flat fix and if the tire can't be fixed and a vogue isn't available where i'm stuck I can buy any other brand tire to get me home and vogue will buy that tire from me at the price I paid as long as I buy a new vogue.
how can you go wrong? I love them on 77 and up caddies. not sure about my 73 but again that warranty is hard to beat!
Rob Wirsing

James Landi

I have a set on my 85 convertible.  They provide a very nice ride and are durable.  I think you'll notice the different on rough roads. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have. 

TJ Hopland

So those are the 235 70 15's?   And and a 205? 70 15 are they only 15's they still carry?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Scot Minesinger

Please send a picture when they are installed.  Did you get the 75 series or 70?  BTW I agree, great warrantee!  If I had a 73 would proceed as you have, because I spare my babies nothing within reason.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

RobW

yeah these are 235/70R-15 they don't make a 75 series. it amounts to approximately 1/2' less in diameter which translates to 1/4 " at  top or bottom or sides so not really that noticeable I hope.
I still have a set of narrow ww radials mounted on the steel wheels and the original hubcaps if I ever want the "as built" look. But I'm really interested in ride quality and style 95% of the time. and it's somewhat "period correct".
Funny back in the late 70's- early80's I had 2' whites and spokes mostly because I couldn't afford vogues and trues. With this warranty today I can't afford not to have them.
Rob Wirsing

Scot Minesinger

That mild difference in height will make your speedo a little off, but not much.  I replaced my 70 series with 75 series on my 1995 Fleetwood daily driver back 15 years ago because it was $100 cheaper per tire.  The speedo difference was not noticeable to me, never really verified or checked it either.  That $400 extra for 70 series over 75 was one time it just did not seem worth it at all, even for my favorite car at the time.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

66 Eldo

RobW

$162 each with free shipping.
Rob Wirsing

RobW

before with the 1.6" American classics and after with vogues. the vogues definitely ride better but a bit harder.
Rob Wirsing

RobW

maybe this is a better view?
Rob Wirsing

TJ Hopland

Quote from: RobW on October 17, 2015, 07:18:47 PMthe vogues definitely ride better but a bit harder.

Better but harder?   Usually people would say softer gives a better ride but sometimes are willing trade a little of the softness for some performance.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

76eldo

Try adjusting the pressure.
I have new Vogues on my 80 Eldo and it rides great.
Also have Vogue pin whites on my DTS and its like a cloud.

What pressure are you running?

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

RobW

Quote from: TJ Hopland on October 18, 2015, 11:27:28 PM
Better but harder?   Usually people would say softer gives a better ride but sometimes are willing trade a little of the softness for some performance.

well better in the sense that I don't have that vibration like my teeth will fall out. as an example if you've ever gone over a drawbridge where the roadway is a metal grate you'll understand. with the American classics if I hit that at say 50mph it felt like each wheel was pulling in a different direction with the vogues I can hit that at 70 mph and it doesn't even seem different than pavement.
Rob Wirsing