News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 Eldorado Heater box installation

Started by 1960eldo, October 02, 2015, 03:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1960eldo

Does anyone have a photo of an installed interior heater box ?  I am trying to install and hook up mine after installing the correct valve on my heater core.  The box was not hooked up when I bought the car a few years ago.

I have both belden cables (its a non-AC car).  The in-dash controls are restored and functioning.  It should be obvious how the cables hook up to the actuation system but it is not.

I only have one sheath anchor on the box and this appears to be the one for the cable that actuates the defrost damper.  There is no anchor on the box for the belden that would actuate just the hearer valve. 

Roger

1960eldo

Solved it.  What I missed was that the heat side belden sneaks around the back and there is an access hole such that the belden connects directly to the heater valve.  the short cable connects to the other lever on the valve and operates via the lever system outside the box.

Always obvious once you figure it out.