News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1940 series 62 4 door convert trim code

Started by Gary Rasp, October 06, 2015, 11:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Rasp

I have recently bought a 1940 series 62 4 door convertible , wondering about the trim code , I know that it is  SO 830 wondering if any on knows what the 830 stands for ? As it stands the interior is red and black leather , looks like it is original. Also the color trim is blank , I realize that it also was SO . another thing is I know that there was only 75 built in 1940 how many car are still left , I think that this one is a rare bird , has skirts duel spots on cowl and many other goodies , this is my first caddy and I need help to keep her original  thanks  HARPO

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

It is a rare car. In order to find out what the  SO it is, you will have to get an invoice for the car. Go to the home page and click on authenticate your car. It will cost you $50. Money well spent. Then post it on the board. I will help if you have questions. Make sure you send them the FRAME # in case the engines  been changed. Do a search to help find your engine #. The subject has been HEAVILY discussed. There is NO way to know how many are left.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

harry s

To add to Bob's response, the 830 number should correspond to the number on the invoice. The information you receive when authenticating your car will have a copy of the invoice and build sheet which will give you the paint and interior information along with a lot more interesting information. Good Luck,     Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Gary Rasp

Thanks for replying to my post , I know that the frame number is there I spotted it and I know that it is a number matching car . ill keep all in the loop . This is my first caddy , I have a fleet of wood wheel cars , I have a 1914 T that has never been touched ,and others . I'll give you guys a little back round on me , I own a certified Mercedes Benz collision repair center , I have the means to restore this car back to spec , and looking forward to pull the trigger on it . I have owned my shop for over 30 years ,Autobahnbodywerks@yahoo.com , I'm ready to go , but it must be correct , I'm a nut case for proper procedures and authenticity. Sounds to me that this car is a rare bird . I'll post picks when I can have somebody hold my hand and help me , I'm old school me and computers are enemies , but ill get them posted , thanks again and Il work on the documentation     Thanks Again.  HARPO