News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 transmission leaking

Started by thebandtito, October 09, 2015, 08:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandtito

ok so i just found out about this site and im so thankful i did..

my problem is that my 55 runs and drives but every time i put the car in reverse it wants to pee tranny fluid and i cant figure out where and how to fix it..
any help is much appreciated.

savemy67

Hello thebandtito,

To determine where the transmission is leaking, it may be necessary to put the car on a lift and shift through the gears while someone looks at the transmission to see from where the leak is most pronounced.  Do you know if the transmission in the car is original to the car?  Like a leaky roof, the cause or source of the leak may not be in the same location as where the leak shows up on the outside of the transmission case.  The worst case scenario is that you need to rebuild your transmission.  If you do not feel up to the challenge of becoming your own Hydramatic expert, you may want to start making inquiries in your area for transmission shops that are familiar with your transmission.  Good luck.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

Bobby B

Quote from: thebandtito on October 09, 2015, 08:26:34 PM
ok so i just found out about this site and im so thankful i did..

Mr. Bandtito,
Welcome….."Thankful" is an Understatement….. :o
                                                      Bobby

1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

thebandtito

I do its leaking only when I put in reverse. .I can put it on my lift but it will have to wait till I finish working on my 46 ford truck..lol