News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WTB 59 Eldo Need Expert at Hershey

Started by Bill Podany #19567, September 29, 2015, 04:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Podany #19567

Hello Members:
I have a close friend who wants to bid on a restored 59 Eldo at the Hershey RM Auction.  He expects to compensate for your services as a 59 Eldo expert.  My friend is unfamiliar with vintage car auctions, and knows little about fair valuations, nor does he know the correct inquiries to ask relative to his needs.  My friend lives in Madison, WI and plans to attend Hershey, and needs your help; he would be very grateful if a CLC Member could help him out.  My friend is a prosperous entrepreneur and car lover.  He wants a dependable and beautiful 59 Elodo to drive occasionally in nice weather.  Please contact me directly, and I will connect you to my friend in Madison, WI.

Bill Podany
Knoxville, TN
55 Eldorado
41 60 Special
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado

Scot Minesinger

Bill,

I am very familiar with Cadillacs from the era of 1965 thru 1976.  It is understood that the car cannot be driven, just visually inspected.  I am planning to be in Hershey on either Thursday or Friday for just the day (3 hr one way trip for me), depending upon weather.  Since it is visual, I think I could help you to some extent, however I do not have the knowledge of these cars as the 1970 Cadillacs.  Since no one replied, maybe I could help.  My e-mail is rscotm@cox.net.  Given my inexperience, I think no compensation is fair.  Let me know.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

C.R. Patton II

Hello Eric

Thank you for stepping up.  I owe you four dinners.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

76eldo

I had a lengthy conversation with the buyer yesterday.

Not sure what he wants to do yet regarding this car.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: C.R. Patton II on September 30, 2015, 01:01:45 PM

Hello Eric

Thank you for stepping up.  I owe you four dinners.

When do we go!  ;D

As you say, we exist to assist.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Dan LeBlanc

Eric - I knew you'd be all over this.  I can't think of a better candidate for the job.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Scot Minesinger

I looked this car over and it is thumbs up to me.

Bobby B

WOW! Super clean and a sharp color combination! Curious as to how it turns out……
                                                                                  Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

76eldo

I have an appointment with the interested party and the people at RM tomorrow to check the car out and drive it.

Should be interesting.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Scot Minesinger

Brian,

How did it drive?  What were your impressions?  Wonder what it will sell for?

76eldo

Scott

It started ring up and runs fantastic. The car runs smoothly and the Trans is the nicest I have ever felt including my cars and any other 59-60 I've ever driven.

The car as sitting up straight and proud on the airbags with no wood blocks holding them up. Pull the service lever towards you and the car rises way up as it should.

Clean and pretty underneath as well. Jenkins kit in the trunk and just a beautiful car.

It's an older restoration showing a bit of wear on the leather and would really benefit from some new carpet but a rock solid great running car.

The new owner is extremely happy and plans to join the CLC and use the car.

While I certainly do not know anything and everything about these cars I have bought, sold, worked on, and restored them and know how to cover the basics and the specifics of these beasts and to the best of my ability I couldn't find anything other than a few superficial things to nit pick.

Buyer is happy and that's what counts the most.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Scot Minesinger

Brian,

Where is the new owner from? (in the interest of what CLC region becomes blessed with such a wonderful car to see at their events)

Glad the mechanical assessment was commensurate with the cosmetics.  Looked like a real clean rust free car with like you said some minor wear on leather and carpet as would be expected from an older restoration.

That car certainly wets the appetite for a 1959 or 1960 Cadillac!

Jon S

If that's the car from Maryland it has some serious bondo above the rear driver's skirt and bubbling.  Take a real good look at the body all around.  I walked away quickly.  Maybe that was a 1960 Eldorado - same color.

It was a 1960; not this car.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT