News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Update on 84 Brougham A/C issues

Started by JerRita, October 13, 2015, 05:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerRita

Hi I have an 84 brougham d'elegance the a/c works great on auto but if I turn it to low the compressor shuts off I changed the control head from a working car same issue Any suggestions thanks JeRita 
I was out of town last week and a friend looked at the car w/ a shop manual He found that the vacuum control switch is faulty When the blower is on low the heat mixes and the compressor shuts down On auto or Hi it works fine 60,000 question are these vacuum switches still available and where? Thanks JeRita
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

RobW

hi Jerry
pretty sure B&B auto parts in the Bronx (on e 180st between e. Tremont and morris park aves would have it). it might even be nos. 718 597-4000
Rob Wirsing

JerRita

thanks Rob I'll call tomorrow How are you all did you move away Miss seeing you

RobW

not yet still in the Bronx. you guys still do that pie run before thanksgiving?
Rob Wirsing

JerRita

Yes we did last year The Pontiac club organizes it and we pal along My email is the same as the book There is a meeting next Wed I'll let you know if they do it JeRita