News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Exhaust Flex Metal Heat Shroud

Started by Pedal2Metal, October 15, 2015, 02:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedal2Metal

Looking for a source for the flex metal heat shroud that surrounds the forward pipes coming down from the exhaust manifold...for my 60 Biarritz. Original was zinc cadmium but stainless or other metal would do. If I could get my hands on an old one it could probably be reproduced. And who makes the best repop "factory spec" exhaust system? Thanks for any advice. ROB
1931 Oakland V8 2-Door Sedan
1942 Hudson Big Boy Pickup
1958 Messerschmitt Kabinenroller 200
1960 Eldo Biarritz Bucket Seat - Heather/White
1965 Ford GT40 (CAV)
1969 Shelby GT500
1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda 4-Speed Vert
1974 Jaguar V12 E-Type Roadster

Grant Owen

I would try an Exhaust shop that's where I got mine from here in New Zealand , it is used in Truck exhaust systems maybe harder to get now since they have Stainless now which doesn't look right as it has squared of edges. the attached pic is of one of my cars with the shield I use.

Andrew Trout

My Dad and I got a replacement exhaust for our '61 Convertible from Classic Exhaust http://classicexhaustinc.com

It fit great. Y pipe, muffler, straight pipe, resonator and tailpipe. We opted for the aluminum version as opposed to the stainless. We've only had it on for a little bit so I can't comment as to the durability.

I'm not sure if they make the heat shroud you're looking for, you'll need to call them.

Rochester, NY
1961 Convertible