News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

On Display at the local mall

Started by RobW, October 20, 2015, 11:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobW

Two nice caddies are on display at the mall at bay plaza in the Bronx, ny.
a 47 series 62 convertible in yellow and a 61 series 62 convertible in blue
Rob Wirsing

Caddyholic

The 61 looks like the one that just sold at the Hershey RM auction.
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw those goldstripe tires.

If it's not the same car, it's one heck of a coincidence.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Caddyholic

Eric that and the fog lights and tail pipe look the same.
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

RobW

yeah could be. not much info except what was on the poster board. mostly just a list of the movies it was in. but yeah those looked to be bias-ply vogues. how old must they be? vogue doesn't make them and not sure if diamondback makes them?
Rob Wirsing

Blade

Speaking of Cadillacs in malls, a few months ago I was eating at a restaurant in the Mall of America right across from Cadillac Ranch and looking at this same site (see picture, not mine but just like it). Makes me wonder first why would they cut up a nice and rare car like that (I guess they really just don't care) but more importantly where are the days when car manufacturers put so much into styling creating works of arts with each car and why has this been lost? 

55 cadi

The "Cadillac Ranch" is in Amarillo Texas.

Is there two Cadillac ranch places?
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

Blade

Quote from: 55 cadi on October 21, 2015, 11:19:30 PM
The "Cadillac Ranch" is in Amarillo Texas.

Is there two Cadillac ranch places?

Yes there is one in the Mall of America in Bloomington Minnesota.

55 cadi

Not trying to high jack a thread, just curious

But the Cadillac Ranch in Texas is 10 Cadillacs buried in the ground nose first to the windshield, in a farm field.

Does that mall have Cadillacs buried or is it a restaurant/business named Cadillac ranch?

2005 Cadillac deville

I'm a bit confused too.

In any case the car appears to be half of what once was a 1960 sedan six window (series unknown) with a 67(?) hubcap on the front.

I'm sure they'd just have assumed to have a '59 sitting up there but with those crazy '59 prices nowadays... ;D

Blade

J:

It's also the name of a restaurant chain, I'm not sure if there is any sort of connection between the two. Here is the 'About us' page on their website but it still doesn't say anything about that: http://www.cadillacranchgroup.com/about-us

Eric:

They're probably not as popular yet as Hard Rock coffee so they have to stick with a more affordable year/model. In my opinion it's still a shame to cut up these beauties just for displays (how many people would be happy to have one?). Oh well if I need some parts for my sedan I know where to sneak in at night ...  ;D

Chances are the cars used in these displays were past salvation.

The fact that Cadillac has become the ultimate icon of American culture & prosperity is a very good thing for our us, our cars and the CLC and conspicuous displays like these help to keep the Cadillac legend alive & well for future generations

Cheers!   

wrefakis

those are 2 cars from Hershey auction for 100% sure

55 cadi

Eric,

I agree 100%  that the more Cadillac has a picture or car on display, especially classic car the better!

Keep them in people's face, my 55 is a daily driver, pick kids up from school, go to store, it is visible in my area and enjoy peoples expression on there face when they see it going down the road. Even though mine is not a fully restored cadi.

Blade,

I am 99% sure it is not related! the Cadillac Ranch in Texas was done by an artist in 1974.
2005 Cadillac deville

Blade

Eric:

Amen to that, matter of fact I was just going to mention that we need to drive our cars more so people recognize them better. Kind of sad to see everywhere that most recognize the muscles from just about every year/model but aside from a few models few know the long line of cars Cadillac made - especially the older ones. The name is well recognized, including in many songs but few can point out all the actual cars from a crowd. 

J:

Good for you, drive your car as much as you can! Bet the kids will remember for the rest of their lives!

I also only found out about the restaurant a couple of years ago when some friends told me there is this restaurant with 'one of those big old Caddies you like' sitting above the entrance. I assume the name was picked up from the actual ranch, they probably purchased the right from the owner and used it for their restaurant. There is another place like that in the mall, it's 'Bubba Gump' which came from the fictional name in the movie Forrest Gump. The owner thought it would be a good idea to start an actual restaurant with it so here they are: http://www.bubbagump.com/. The Cadillac Ranch must have a similar story to it.

Just funny how things workout but I guess it all comes down to marketing and business.

55 cadi

Yes my daughters love driving in the cadi, they see people staring at it when driving and know its special.

They even want to learn how to drive in the cadi and use when they get there license.

It is neat to see the young kids at there school looking at it and having a big smile on there face, they don't know what kind it is but they know it's old and special and the kids enjoy seeing it.

So there is hope when you see kids enjoying the classics.

So to all...........next time you need to go to the local store at the corner, fast food, or simple grab and go of any sort near home.........TAKE your CADILLAC please. It's good for the car to get out once a week, more if you can.
2005 Cadillac deville

jwjohnson86

I was requested to drive my daughter and her date to the high school homecoming dance a few weeks ago.. made quite the entrance!  And rolled in the homecoming parade.  We have had a fun summer of dropping off kids to sports practices and activities, lots of waves and friendly shouted conversations at traffic lights.  Agree 100% with getting these works of art on the road and in the public eye.  My kids now look for and spot classics everywhere.
1970 DeVille Convertible 472 cid

http://bit.ly/1NhHpdt

Tito Sobrinho

Both cars are beautiful, but since I belong to the older generation, I'm partial to the 1947 Cadillac with its round curves.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.