News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

researching your car.

Started by camelot, October 22, 2015, 07:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camelot

Just as a bit of information. While researching the dealership for my Lasalle, a  website for the Wisconsin Historical society popped up. I found a few pictures of the dealership it was shipped to when it was delivered. The timing was off a few yrs. But it was interesting to see pictures of the Cadillacs on the showroom floor. So as a source for pictures check a Historical Society in the area nearby. My Lasalle went to Madison Wisconsin by boat on the Great lakes.
1939 Cadillac 7519
1940 Lasalle 5019
1962 Cadillac 6339 4w

Tom Boehm

Hello Alex, Thank you for passing on that hint. I found a picture of a local Cadillac dealership from the '50s in the local history room of the library. I passed it on to a fellow CLC member who bought a car there around that time.

camelot

Every little bit helps. Food for thought is what I always say!
1939 Cadillac 7519
1940 Lasalle 5019
1962 Cadillac 6339 4w

Chris Conklin

I'll second libraries as a great resource. We're lucky here in the Los Angeles area to have a wonderful central library downtown. And you don't have to go there (my office is a couple buildings over from it). A few years ago the library was gifted a photo collection of over 750K photos. They spent a couple years scanning and cataloguing the images. I don't think they're done yet. Amazing resource! They created a searchable database that is user friendly (link below). If you're in a smaller town, check for central libraries that may have on-line resources. Or go visit your local!

http://photos.lapl.org/carlweb/jsp/photosearch_pageADV.jsp
Chris Conklin