News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Source for rubber brake hoses

Started by chrisntam, October 22, 2015, 10:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

In August, I was looking for a rear brake hose for my '70 Deville, couldn't find one. 

Well, while perusing eBay this evening, I found this:

http://stores.ebay.com/BRAKE-HOSES-UNLIMITED/Cadillac-/_i.html?_fsub=11277926&_sid=61203586&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Seems they sell lots of brake hoses, wish I knew then what I know now.  Not sure where they're made, normally if made in the good ol' U S of A, it is proudly displayed as such.

Hopefully this will help others searching for an elusive brake hose.

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Chris,
I suggest you contact them & see if they'll make some 70 rears.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

chrisntam

They do, appears they sell them on eBay, all 3 rubber hoses go for $70.....

I was surprised this resource was wasn't known or suggested as a source for brake hoses when I was looking for one back in August.  I looked independently and didn't find them.  Hopefully it will help others going forward.

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Jay Friedman

Another good source for brake hoses is the E. L. Johnson Auto Parts Store in College Park, Georgia, an Atlanta suburb.  The parts store has a subsidiary business called Atlanta Hydraulic Hose and Tube Repair.  The web site is http://atlhose.com/  It's an old time parts store run by its owner, Mr. Johnson, an older gentleman, but very modern in its service as they'll ship hoses anywhere.

I recently bought there a set of 3 brake hoses for my '49, and going there and hanging out a bit was as enjoyable as making the purchase.  Several other CLC members I know patronize there too.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Tito Sobrinho

Quote from: Jay Friedman on October 23, 2015, 09:55:15 AM
Another good source for brake hoses is the E. L. Johnson Auto Parts Store in College Park, Georgia, an Atlanta suburb.  The parts store has a subsidiary business called Atlanta Hydraulic Hose and Tube Repair.  The web site is http://atlhose.com/  It's an old time parts store run by its owner, Mr. Johnson, an older gentleman, but very modern in its service as they'll ship hoses anywhere.

I recently bought there a set of 3 brake hoses for my '49, and going there and hanging out a bit was as enjoyable as making the purchase.  Several other CLC members I know patronize there too.
Good to know for future use, a business that manufactures brake hoses close to Augusta.
Here in Augusta, I had to make 3 hoses for the Hydro-Lectric system in my car, an easy task. If you mention brake hoses, they would say... No! They are not DOT certified.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Chas

Brake Hoses Unlimited makes his assemblies right there in Michigan. They ARE DOT certified. I will soon be ordering his kit for my 1970 deVille, especially since it contains the correct rear hose which is near impossible to find.
1967 Coupe DeVille
1970 Coupe DeVille
1976 Coupe DeVille
1983 Coupe DeVille
1977 Harley Cafe Racer
1991 Harley Fat Boy
1957 Harley Hardtail
1949 Lusse Bumper Car
If you're 25 years old and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're 45 years old and not a conservative, you have no money!