News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

stalling problem...and the wisdom of crowds

Started by savemy67, October 13, 2015, 05:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julien Abrahams

With regard to the CC/air condition in relation to the settings of your carb: does your carb still have 2 small vacuum valves? One is the choke pull off (the one at the front left of the carb) and if it still has the correct (original) carb then it should have another vacuum valve for the idle speed up control.
This second vacuum valve will be actuated when the climate control is turned on, and the AC compressor is turned on. This is done via vacuum (white vacuum line). Its purpose is to speed up the idle when the car is in Park or Neutral and the air conditioning turned on.
I haven't got my AC comperessor hooked up, but I also have got a different carb (with only 1 vacuum valve, the choke pull off).
If you have both, just check if both are holding vacuum and whether the back valve operates when the AC is turned on. You can tell by letting the car idle (after it has warmed up) in Park or Neutral, then turn on the CC. If everything works as it should, the idle should increase. If there is no change, then you can go and investigate where the problem originates.
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett