News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

headlight cleaning

Started by 1969cadillac, October 30, 2015, 08:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969cadillac

hello!

I have found some used hella high beam inserts to fit to my 69 cad limo

problem is they have been sitting around for years with the bulb missing and the inside of the lense is fogged up !

how do I clean inside properly without ruining the reflector , and then get rid of the cleaning agent ?

thanks , Murray Mules

beastly beauties

I have a great deal of success using straight white vinegar with delicate things that you don't want any water spots on. Lay the fixture face down, and fill until you cover the inner areas you want to clean. Let it set for an hour or more and let it do the cleaning chemically. Just dump out the vinegar in the sink. Use just a tiny bit of distilled water to rinse, and let dry face up and allow air movement into the opening of the housing which will now be face down level.  Good Luck, David Symonds

BillR. CLC # 29203

I'm with D.Symonds on this one or you could use CLR like I did. Wear gloves.
Major improvement.
Good luck.
BillR.
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

1969cadillac

hello ! thanks for the advice , tried the vinegar and distilled water cleaning routine

got rid of most of it , but now I appear to have some small white spots on the reflectors!

and ideas please ??

and as you can see the lense is not totally clean .

I was thinking of using a small brush through the apperature , but what to use as a cleaning agent?

thanks , Murray Mules