News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'74 ELDO CONVT.

Started by Viator Trudeau, October 30, 2015, 10:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viator Trudeau

Where can I purchase the center window guide block   for the left window.   A tube with a snug fit in the block supports the window  to hold it from flopping around.        V .Trudeau                                                                                                     

Scot Minesinger

Probably best purchased from a used parts place such as Cadillacs only, USA Parts Supply, Honest John, Cadillac King and others.  They may want to charge you for the whole door because the part you want will be difficult to remove, and generally they sell complete doors, and this part removed would lower value of the door they might sell as a whole.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Viator Trudeau

Hello all,   on the
loose windows on my '74 ELDO, the left side is much looser than the right side,it gets 90% more use than the right door.   A couple years ago I did not think the fastener bolts could be loose on the left side? so I did not look there. There must be nylon bushing in the upper and lower guide assemblies??  Replacing them would tighten up the window??.   or putting in sleeves to remove clearance.

A few months ago a  poster commenting that home made inventions would not be a good idea on these guide asys.
I am trying to locate that post.   Any body recall this?  He may have ideas I could look into.  Thanks   V. Trudeau

Viator Trudeau

I've located guide assy. for the windows on my '74 convt.  Are the guides interchangeable left to right side.  If they are I will ask for right side window guides.   Does any one know this.  Thanks.

V. Trudeau