News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Amazing!

Started by Jon S, October 31, 2015, 01:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon S

Now that the cooler weather has returned, both the Cadillac and Lincoln perform beautifully.  No more vapor lock due to the Ethanol.  It's a pleasure driving them again.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

TJ Hopland

Now you are going to have issues with the heat and headlights since those are things you don't use in the summer.     Seems like just a couple weeks ago it wasn't dark till almost 10. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Daddio

How true!! TJ you must be psychic. I just had trouble with my high beams not staying on. I was afraid it was the auto dimmer acting up, but it turned out to be simply a dirty terminal on the relay.  Just days later, I noticed a wet spot on the rug ... a leaky heater core.  $250 rebuild on the core and I'm back in business.  No more predictions, please. 
Mike

1956 Thunderbird
SOLD - 1959 Eldorado Biarritz

Bobby B

Murphy…… ::)
               Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Scot Minesinger

Jon,

Hope you find out for sure what the problem is, the season of under 70'F is not long and you will miss the entire summer.

When the warm weather returns you could take a piece of steel tubing about 1' long and connect it along side the fuel line both fuel and 1' tube wrapped in rubber hose to insulate.  Then connect the 1' steel line with two rubber hoses and bring inside car.  Get a 12 V pump and a large bucket of ice water and circulate the cold water thru the 1' piece of tubing to pre-cool fuel into carb.  If that cures it you know for sure you have a too warm of fuel issue and at least then you can deal with it.

Enjoy the remainder of the season.  In Northern VA we have generally until beginning of January, then we are back in business early April.  About five years ago before global cooling, we could generally drive our classics never less than once a week even in January, February and March (there was always 4 or 5 nice 55'F days during each of those months).
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

TJ Hopland

My next prediction:   You will come into more money than you can spend yourself so you share it with your friends on the CLC forum.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

beastly beauties

TJ, Are you the one taking over for "The Great Carnak"?   LMAO    David Symonds