News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1973 1974 1975 1976 Eldorado Hood Compatibility / Difference / Swapping

Started by eddowrado, November 01, 2015, 03:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddowrado

I have a 1974 Eldorado Convertible and I need a hood. I have been told the Eldorado hoods from 1973, 1975 and 1976 will all fit. One junk yard even said the 1977 would fit. When I look at pictures of them the 1976 seems to have a sharper point at the front of the hood and the grill seems to also be a different shape. I don't want to pay to have a hood shipped across the country only to find out that it doesn't fit.

1. What years had hoods that are compatible with the 1974 Eldorado?

2. If I use a hood from a different year, do I need to get different hinges and/or grill?

3. I was looking at another 1974 Eldorado and the hood on that car appeared to be the same shape as mine but was A LOT lighter than the one on my car. I also noticed that the back of the hood above the hinges tended to rise up a half inch and you had to press it down for the lines to lay flat. Did the hoods from different years weigh less?

Thanks,
Ed Dow

bill06447

73-76 hoods all share the same part numbers and interchange numbers. No idea why one may seem "lighter" unless the hinge was sprung.

Bill