News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

2016 CT6 goes on sale in March

Started by Big Apple Caddy, November 02, 2015, 02:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Apple Caddy

The new 2016 Cadillac CT6 has been priced and starts at only $53,495 MSRP.   I was expecting a starting price closer to $70K.  More details are in the Cadillac press release here: http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/en/cadillac/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2015/nov/1102-ct6.html

Rich S

It sounds as if Cadillac management is being more realistic with respect to pricing the CT6 than reported in several articles. I wish they had posted a "Build Your Own" type of feature on their web-site, for the CT6 model, to configure the pricing, etc. The interiors are beautiful and the CT6 is packed with the latest engineering. I think it will be the finest new Cadillac model offered and look the best.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Big Apple Caddy

The "Build Your Own" feature for the CT6 will probably be up soon.  It was up pretty quickly on the Buick site after they announced pricing on the Cascada in September.

FinCad

Nice car that CT6 and cheap like soap in US  :-[. In Finland that will be approx 200K$ (due taxes) so that will be not so popular.
Cadillac Eldorado Convertible 1955
Cadillac Eldorado Seville 1957
Cadillac Series 62 "flat top" 1959
Cadillac Eldorado 1967

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Note that the $53,500 is the BASE price.  I doubt that many will be sold for that.
Most dealers will bring them in much more loaded configuration.

With extra goodies added, pricing goes up quite rapidly until you hit the Platinum Edition
which is around $83K!!

See the website:  http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/en/cadillac/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2015/nov/1102-ct6.html

Don't have that much in my piggy bank just now..................
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: Mike Josephic  CLC #3877 on November 03, 2015, 06:13:34 PM
Note that the $53,500 is the BASE price.  I doubt that many will be sold for that.
Most dealers will bring them in much more loaded configuration.

Perhaps but that can be said about many cars.

The base CT6 is pretty well equipped and if someone doesn't care about or need any additional options they can order from their local dealer if one isn't in stock or can't be located from another regional dealer.

20 years ago even the CHEAPEST new Cadillac had a higher base price, inflation adjusted, than the CT6.  Today's cheap leases and l--o--n--g term financing choices make the CT6 more easily affordable as well.

J. Skelly

I was next to a caravan of these on WB Michigan Avenue in suburban Detroit a few months ago.  They looked nice.  Too bad the trunk openings are so small and the styling isn't much different from the XTS to distinguish itself from everything else out there.
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: J. Skelly on November 04, 2015, 12:47:06 PM
the styling isn't much different from the XTS

I think the styling is even closer to the current CTS but haven't seen a CT6 "in the wild" yet.

Driver8

Quote from: Big Apple Caddy on November 04, 2015, 05:42:29 PM
I think the styling is even closer to the current CTS but haven't seen a CT6 "in the wild" yet.

Hi,  I was lucky enough to catch a pre-production car (Touring 6 / CT6), 'in the wild' today in Chicago. We have had gorgeous 73 degree weather all week, so I have been using my '79 Seville for work & errands. I passed the CT6 at the intersection of Milwaukee Ave & Armitage Ave. You don't know how badly I wanted to get pictures. I'm sorry, but I was alone in the car, in traffic with no way to safely get pics, it all happened so fast.

From what I saw, the car is large, it has a real 'road presence', like Cadillacs used to, especially from the front. Family resemblance, yes, absolutely... but, I did not have to look twice to differentiate it from any other model. When I caught it in my peripheral view and looked over, I knew what it was instantly. At least to my obsessive Cadillac eye, there was no mistaking it for any CTS. The front end was big and good-looking, I only wish that the tail light lenses had some crisp fin chiseling in them, more like the current SRX lens. To me, the lenses look similar to the current Jag XJ's lenses, but a bit larger & more muscular.

I do have 2 pictures of the car I downloaded from another car forum I follow, so I'll post hem here for anyone who's interested. (these pics dont really do the car justice from what I saw of it) The person who shot them caught the car in St Louis area a while back.

If I happen to see it again here in Chicago, I'll try my best to grab a live pic if at all possible.

Mark~
Mark Allen  CLC # 28250
'79 Cadillac Seville  http://bit.ly/1VEbnNo
'15 Chrysler 300S AWD   https://ibb.co/2Z21vng
'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited   http://bit.ly/1VE758Q

Cadillac Jack 82

Meh its okay.  I like the 2012 body style but since then its gone down hill IMHO. 
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: Driver8 on November 05, 2015, 07:36:18 PM
I was lucky enough to catch a pre-production car (Touring 6 / CT6), 'in the wild' today in Chicago.

Thanks for posting the images.  Looks good.  Hopefully Cadillac can do well with the CT6 as sales haven't been going well with their cars lately.  SUVs, yes, but not cars.

TonyZappone #2624

I went to Cadillac.com.  I couldn't find the interior color choices.  Does anyone know where I can find those?
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: TonyZappone #2624 on November 07, 2015, 06:59:23 AM
I went to Cadillac.com.  I couldn't find the interior color choices.  Does anyone know where I can find those?

Cadillac.com still only shows "Jet Black" and "Maple Sugar with Very Light Cashmere" for interior colors but others are expected to be available.  The CT6 content on the site hasn't been updated/changed in quite a while.

Cadillac Jack 82

If I bought a modern Caddy this would probably be my pick.  Sure its dated by todays standards but man this was a slick design
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

Rich S

Tony Zappone, here is the link to the GM Online Order Reference Guide (contains the most current information about their products and is updated regularly) and the section about the CT6 "Color and Trim" selections:

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2016&regionID=1&divisionID=5&type=0&vehicleID=18703&section=col_trim&page=9&butID=3

It appears that at present, there are five interior colors:  Jet Black, Light Neutral, Cinnamon, Light Platinum and Very Light Cashmere, with the trims indicated. The interior of the CT6 is on par with any of the luxury imports, with better design than the current Cadillac models. Although you and I would love to see more colors of interiors, such as the Red Leather you described in another post about the Audi A8 Sedan you drove, at least there are five choices. I have hopes the "Very Light Cashmere" will look elegant and it would appeal to me. You may like the Cinnamon combination. The CT6 looks great in-person, much better than the other current Cadillac models, in my opinion. It has a great "stance" due to its nice proportions, especially compared to the XTS and it looks more like a Cadillac than the CTS. I saw it on display in the Cadillac tent this summer at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix event in July. Here is a picture I took with my phone--it was Crystal White with the Cinnamon Leather Interior:

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

Rich S

Here is another picture I took with my phone (sorry for the added post but the site said my size was too large when I tried putting both pictures in my last post):
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

TonyZappone #2624

Thanks Rich.  Maybe the cinnamon will work.  The van lease is up in May, and I have to start pulling the trigger on something.  I will not lease the next car, but start purchasing again. I don't know when the new Lincoln Continental concept car is coming out, but it too is a thing of beauty.  Ford is building some great cars, as evidenced by the 2002 Thunderbird I leave in Florida.  It has been a great car, and in 15 years, I don't think I have spent $2000 on repairs.  I am fearful of the Audi 8L  because of the alliance I will have to form with a foreign car dealer; horror stories of their charges run rampant.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: TonyZappone #2624 on November 08, 2015, 06:41:59 AM
I don't know when the new Lincoln Continental concept car is coming out, but it too is a thing of beauty.

The production Lincoln Continental is expected to debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January but I don't think it's due to go on sale until fall 2016 as a 2017 model.

TonyZappone #2624

Yes Rich.  In a modern world, I guess the cinnamon with black accents would work.  Now all I have to do is pull the trigger on something.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv

Rich S

"In a modern world," I like the CT6, too. But I wish the "Build Your Own" feature on Cadillac.com included the CT6!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473