News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

57 six way seat solenoid.

Started by chris cunliffe, November 06, 2015, 07:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris cunliffe

The front up/down was not working on my seat.Motor ran and I could hear actuator solenoid clicking but not engaging so I decided to take top off to see what was going on inside.I now have a 2 ball bearings,a very small spring,small plate,plate with notch in one side and the plunger.Has anyone got a diagram of how all the bits fit back together? 
1957 Eldorado Seville #967

cadillactim

I don't have a diagram, but I can tell you. The 2 ball bearings go in the hole in the middle of the square opening. The tiny spring goes upright in the middle of one side of the square opening with the notched plate slid over the spring. The spring will be in the notch. The other plate goes on the opposite side of the notched plate, and the plunger then slides in. The plunger keeps the plates and spring in place.

Basically how it works is the solenoid is energized which pulls the plunger down. When the plunger pulls down it presses the 2 ball bearings down, which engages the solenoid assembly with the threaded shaft allowing seat movement. When the solenoid is de-energized the tiny spring helps release the plunger and the ball bearings return to the unengaged position.

Tim
Tim Groves

chris cunliffe

1957 Eldorado Seville #967