News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need Clarification on Data Base - 1960 Brougham - Yann ?

Started by M. Bankes, November 07, 2015, 07:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M. Bankes

Hi
I need to get a clarification on the Data Base, specifically on a 1960 Brougham. I am looking at the Initial Destination chart for the 1960 model year, and need to know if the original destination of NB stands for Nebraska or New Brunswick ? Up until 1969 NB was short form for both New Brunswick or Nebraska but as of 1969 it was changed to NE for Nebraska, and NB is New Brunswick. So, is the destination written based on 1960 codes where it could be either, or is it written in current state, where it would mean New Brunswick ?
Thank You
Michael

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Here is the Database link for Eldorado Brougham statistics for anyone interested.

http://www.cadillacdatabase.com/Dbas_txt/brg_stat.htm

My guess would be the NB indicates Nebraska since the table contains a separate block for all exported cars.   
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Dan LeBlanc

I have a build sheet for my 53 Series 62. I believe the Canadian cars passed through Windsor Ontario and were pocked up there. My car was destined for Nova Scotia.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

M. Bankes

Thanks, is there a way to get a build sheet or any more history on the original purchaser ect on a Brougham ?

David King (kz78hy)

Mike,

Al Haas has a listing for the '59's but I don't think he has much on the '60's.

Car 41 & 80 were Nebraska cars.  41 was a SO paint.

Please forward any photos of the car as I don't have any record for either of body numbers.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter