News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1970 Dealer "Outlet Code" for a Denver CO dealer

Started by klawson007, November 12, 2015, 12:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klawson007

Dear Forum Experts,

Does anyone know the corresponding dealer in 1970 for "outlet Code" #731219?

My 1970 DeVille Convertible was delivered to 731219 in Denver on March 19, 1970.

It is NOT Jack Kent

It could be McCaddon or Rickenbaugh.

Any assist would be much appreciated.

Keith Lawson

Jay Friedman

I think that until a certain year that Rickenbaugh was the "distributor" dealer in the Denver area, from whom all other dealers got their new cars, but I may very well be wrong. 

If Denver is the destination on the car's factory invoice obtained from Cadillac Historical Services, that's probably the case.  I know it's true of my '49's factory invoice. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Art Director

Quote from: Jay Friedman on November 12, 2015, 02:23:55 PM
I think that until a certain year that Rickenbaugh was the "distributor" dealer in the Denver area, from whom all other dealers got their new cars, but I may very well be wrong. 

Jay, you are correct. Rickenbaugh Cadillac in Denver was the distributor. Tom Hall may have better info as to the year they discontinued distributing cars. My 1963 was purchased in Colorado Springs by my grandmother, but it had a Rickenbaugh sticker on the vent window for years.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Tom Hall 7485

Mr. Lawson, the year tells us that it's post-middleman/distributor, a system that basically ended in November 1965.  The number you have is for a retailer.

I don't suppose you can supply a zip code or its predecessor, the postal zone number, can you?  For cities that had a couple of dealers, GM sometimes wrote a postal zone number to distinguish between the two, e.g., "Chicago 10".

First bet would be Rickenbaugh, based on volume.  Second bet would be Seifert Pontiac-Cadillac on East Colfax.  Sorry I cannot pin this down for you.

Is your car painted Briarwood Firemist?  Very good-looking.
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.