News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1968 Deville misc questions

Started by Matt 12861, November 12, 2015, 08:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt 12861

1.  I was replacing the belt on my alternator and the nut broke loose behind the pivot bolt and I had to saw through the bolt to get it off.  Does anyone know the actual length of the spacer so I can make another one?  See Photo
2.  The heater hose coming off the block has a small piece of hose going to a small tube and then a hose going to a long tube.  This seems like a lot of fittings and clamps.  Did some one splice the small tube in to fix a leaking hose?  Should it just be one piece?  see photo of disassemble pieces.
3.  What is the long tube in the heater line?  Its about 18" long.  See photo.

Thanks.
Matt Givler
Matt Givler #12861

Scot Minesinger

Matt,

The spacer needs to be a fairly precise length.  Can you piece together the two sections cut measure and add width of saw blade?  It is probably going to be better to buy a used one, they are common, used from 68 thru 70 at least and over 600k made.

Strongly suggest you buy the 1968 Cadillac shop manual on e-bay for like $35 (get the original, not a reprint).  This will answer your other questions.  The heater set up does not look original, so not sure.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty