News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cruise Control, 1999 Escalade

Started by Roger Zimmermann, November 17, 2015, 04:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Zimmermann

A member from the Swiss Cadillac Club has a problem with his Cruise Control (1999 Escalade). The Cruise can engage and suddently diengage. Or cannot engage at all. As I'm not familiar with those vehicles, I cannot help him directly. I'm not sure if there is a preocedure to "adjust" the brake/cruise control switch; I was also thinking at a bad electrical connection.
Maybe someone from this community has a more concrete answer.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Dave Shepherd

Usually besides the obvious switch adjustment, some pending pcm codes can cancel the cruise, or an issue in the bcm.  A full scan with a high line scanner should be done.

Roger Zimmermann

Thanks Dave! I will pass that info to the owner.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

RobW

should be the same as a chevy Tahoe on a 99 might try the chevy guys on Tahoe forum
Rob Wirsing

Roger Zimmermann

Yes Rob, an Escalade is just a Tahoe in Sunday clothes! If he don't find a solution, I will have a look at this forum and ask for help. Thanks for your comment.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Gene Beaird

Maybe try pulling up on the brake pedal (put a foot under it and lift) when engaging the cruise to see if it's an adjustment?  While there are a lot more moving parts to just the switch, I'd probably start there.  But yeah, the Tahoe-Yukon-Forum would be a good spot to ask questions.  Make sure he goes to the right section, as the vehicles are divided out by year models. 
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Roger Zimmermann

Thanks Gene! I will suggest him to pull the brake pedal; he can see if there is an improvement.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

TJ Hopland

A good scan tool is a good idea.   Just being able to read the status of all the switches can help narrow things down.  Having issues in the 'multi function' switch was common for that era when they got some age and miles on em and even 'cheap' ones of those are not cheap or especially easy to replace so you don't want to replace one if you don't have to. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Roger Zimmermann

Thanks for all the good ideas. To check the state from the swithes is another good one. Thanks!
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101