News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Eldorado on Ebay

Started by LenInLA, November 26, 2015, 03:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rare1975Caddys

That 78 Biarritz has been on the market for sometime.  There are even more questionable "issues" of the mileage being actual, without it being verified, it's difficult to ever know. I've seen some 77-78 Biarritz with 50K miles, where the original white leather, door panels, and carpet look near new too!  Look at how "beat up" and dented the door sill plates are on BOTH sides.  I've seen work-trucks of from the 70's that have nicer looking stainless sill plates, maybe not as "polished" and "clean up", but with far less damage.  It's also missing the lower welting-like trim to cover the metal seam between the sill and over the carpet edge on BOTH sides. The seatbelt retractors are faded too,  all suggesting the carpet has been replaced. To make the carpet "match" the mileage shown?  How knows!  I personally think they are dreaming if they think they will get anywhere near the price they want, let alone what they say NADA says it worth.
75 CDV Cabriolet Jennifer Blue Fac. SunRoof & ACRS
75 Eldo Cab Jennifer Blue AstroRoof & Monticello Cloth
75 Eldo Cab Roxena Red AstoRoof
75.5 Seville Triple Silver (1st 2000 Series)
76 Eldorado T-Top Pickup Conversion
77 SDV d'Elegance

Scot Minesinger

My 1970 Cadillac had faded numbers on the speedometer when the car had 97k miles.  I ordered a used replacement with good clear numbers on e-bay and switched them out.  The new one had 86k miles, so my odometer is 11k miles low.  Looks like it would be easy to make this kind of a switch on this car and make a 60k miles car look like 9k with a 109k speedo.  The interior/dash look too nice though.  I think the green wiring and sloppy a/c work could easily be the result of some crappy shop switching the car over to 134 and the previous owner did not have a clue.  The car looks good, but only documentation would be adequate to establish true mileage, guessing there was none or it would not have sold so low.  Guess the car is a lower mileage car and base any price paid to established primarily on condition.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty