News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1954 coupe door latch

Started by 54 caddy larry, November 24, 2015, 07:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54 caddy larry

Can anyone tell me what latches interchange with mine or what the part number is for the correct one. I see a lot of GM ones for sale that look the same but want to get the right one. Thanks in advance.
Larry
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

My caddy is my never ending work in progress.

54 caddy larry

Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

55 cadi

If I can find my parts interchange book I will see if door latches are in it.

1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

54 caddy larry

That would be great, thanks.
Larry
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

Jay Friedman

As far as I can tell from my 1935-55 Master Parts List, a '54 coupe's door latches are part number 466 3638 for the right latch and 466 3639 for the left.  It does not interchange with any other '54 latch, but does interchange with early '55 coupes, sedans, limos and convertibles.  It does not interchange with the '55 Fleetwood 60S.  (This does not make total sense to me, but that is what the MPL says.)

The MPL doesn't mention other GM makes, but I know in some other years, including '49, Buick Super and Roadmaster door latches interchange with Cadillac.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."