News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

tech help with 79 cdv wipers - non delay

Started by Aaronz28, November 29, 2015, 07:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaronz28

60k mile CDV -  when I got it - wipers worked fine.

slowly, i started having issues -unfortunately, i can not recall the specific order in which things fail, but its been an on going problem... it seems that at first, they would simply stop where they would either just cycle the "park" mode, or stop 1/2 way through -

so i replaced the motor (with a reman) - that worked for a short time,   
then they stopped again - and i bought a rebuilt switch from a  fellow on this forum -  i learned then - that there might have been an issue in the wiring going to the switch - so i made sure every single contact was clean and making contact to the switch....

they worked - for a period...  NOW - its  a crap shoot as to whether or not the wipers will work -  some days - NO PROB - this morning, they worked for about 10 revolutions then stopped almost in the park position - and i could not get them back on -   

INTERESTINGLY  - i can hear a subtle pop through he radio when turning them on/off - and i can hear the washer pump click when i push the washer button...

at this point - i'm about to throw my hadnsin the air - as i've replaced the switch which seems to work, and i'm on my 3rd wiper motor - and will be going on 4 if in fact the wiper motor failed (which i'll check today when I get home)

two things - 1) is there in fact a wiper relay between the switch and the motor?  i do not see one in the schematic unless i'm missing something?  2) if there is no relay - then does anyone know of some inherent problem causing wiper motors to short?

Thanks for your time -