News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 dual master cylinder inforamtion needed.

Started by gary griffin, December 02, 2015, 06:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

Does anybody have a good recommendation for installing a dual master cylinder in my 1957 60 Special??  I have done the 40 LaSalle and the 42- 6719 and would like the 57 to be upgraded also
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Coupe Deville

I did this to my 1957 Series 62 Sedan about 2 years ago. It was difficult to find a good kit, and I couldn't afford that one at the time. I refused to leave the car with the Hydrovac brakes. So I got a brand new Cardone brake booster from a 1967 Cadillac with a drum/drum master cylinder. It worked quite well, but did require some heavy modifications. There is a good article about this being done on a Buick. This gave me the inspiration to do it. When I did my swap I had to get rid off the air induction box for the heater. Witch was no big deal because the blower motor just sucks in outside air into the actually heater box anyways. Here is the link. Scroll about halfway down and you will see some pictures.

http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/1958BuickDiscBrakeSwap.htm
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"