News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Color of Plug Wires ?

Started by Scott Halver, December 09, 2015, 05:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Halver

Hello, Is there a correct color for the plug wires ?   1960 Cadillac   ..........  has the Pertronix Ignitor I ...........  so max of 40K on coil.........  so I think it will run on stock plug wires but maybe there is a minimum spec that I should look for ?   stock am radio has been fine, no static....     SHalver #24920
1960 Eldorado Seville, Grandfather Bought New
1970 Corvette Convertible 350/350

Dan LeBlanc

The correct colour is black. Pictured are the original wires removed from my 61. The only difference is yours won't have the date code. That began in February 1961.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Scott Halver

Hello Dan,  Okay  ......... Black is what I will get (currently grey).    I read the article on your car in the Self Starter....... very nice car with low mileage.   My car has a lot more miles and the wires were changed out a long time ago.   Thanks for responding.   SHalver #24920
1960 Eldorado Seville, Grandfather Bought New
1970 Corvette Convertible 350/350

Dan LeBlanc

I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

Regardless of the mileage or condition, the fact that many of us use and enjoy the cars is what counts.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car