News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Body style compatibility for a 69 deville conv

Started by MobyII, December 10, 2015, 08:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MobyII

Having a hard time finding a definitive answer but I know you guys will know.  I need a front fender for my 69 deville, what other body style/year was interchangeable with my car?  This will help me expand my search.  Thanks in advance

Scot Minesinger

For 1969 you can use a Calais or Fleetwood, as the fenders were sold without holes drilled if you seek NOS.  If used the Fleetwood will have holes drilled for the word "Fleetwood" and they will have to be filled.

The 1970 fender is similar and can be used on a 1969, but that is the only other year.  An NOS fender will fit either year and the holes will not be drilled.  A used one will require some trim around headlight holes to be filled.  You are better off with a used DeVille/Calais fender from 1969.  Used Fleetwood front fenders and used 1970 front fenders will require some modifications, however they will align with hood and door well.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

John Abend

1 Additional note :  a 1970 passenger fender will not have the antenna hole in it as 1970s used a windshield embedded antenna wire.  1969 still had the fender mounted antenna that year and would require a hole.
John Abend

'68 Sedan deVille Hardtop
'74 Eldorado Convertible
'87 Allante Convertible
'15 XTS Platinum VSport

MobyII