News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Advice, Tips on NEW Interior for 1959

Started by CadillacDNA, January 03, 2016, 09:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadillacDNA

Advice, tips, names of suppliers, names of upolsterers and so on needed. I have decided on doing entire interior over and I need help, so THANKS in advance!
1959,6237 coupe; 1959,6237 coupe; 1960,6237 Seville; 1960,6267 convertible; 1960,6267 convertible.

David Greenburg

SMS in Oregon has upholstery material for most models, and Jenkins in N. Carolina seems to be the source for show quality interiors.  As for shops, I would look/ask around at local shows, rod/custom clubs to get recommendations, unless you want to open your wallet real wide and ship your seats and door panels off to Jenkins.  Search on here and you'll find discussions about experiences with these suppliers. Whatever you do, be prepared for sticker shock if you're doing a full interior.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

signart

+1 on what Mr. Greenburg said, and most of all don't be easily frustrated about how long it's takes to receive correct material or custom work from at least one of the suppliers mentioned.
Art D. Woody

patton6606@gmail.com

Hello Metz

Glad to read you are improving your Cadillac.

We (5960 Cadillacs) have found Hirsch to be unreasonable,  Jenkins overpriced,  but SMS to be the preferential company to use if you have patience.  Please contact me if you have further questions.