News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Pacer Group for battery cables

Started by David Greenburg, January 14, 2016, 03:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

I figured I should share a positive experience with a vendor.  I needed custom battery cables to accommodate a remote disconnect switch.  I also wanted to upgrade to larger diameter cables.  I went with Pacer Group (http://www.pacergroup.net/).  They will make custom lengths, with whatever ends or fittings you want, and the custom lengths cost no more than the standard lengths listed on their website.  While they apparently do a lot of commercial, high volume work, the sales staff was easy to deal with and happy to handle my order.  I haven't installed them yet, but they look great and appear very well-made, with heavy duty heat shrink at the connections.   
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

BillR. CLC # 29203

David,
Good to know.
Thanks for sharing.
Bill R.
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

TMoore - NTCLC

Very happy to hear - I saw them mentioned here a few weeks ago, and I am planning on measuring my cables for the 1942 this weekend and placing my order.  I intend to move the primary positive ground over to the starter bolt, and then go from there back to the body/frame ground - all using the 00 size cables, along with a new positive cable to the starter solenoid.  I am hoping they will work with me on putting the correct size battery terminals on the black cables.

Bill Ingler #7799

You probably already know this but in addition to the larger 00 cable and grounding that positive cable to the starter and frame, there should be two grounds from the heads to the fire wall. Since the engine is sitting on rubber engine mounts, another ground is around the right engine mount. Sometime in 47 the factory installed a similar ground on the left front motor mount. Bill

David Greenburg

TMoore-

Perhaps overkill on a 12v car, but that is what I did; upgraded to 00 gauge (also listed as 2/0 in some places).  But they will certainly work with you on lengths, and types and sizes of terminals.  For example I needed a cable to run from my remote shutoff with different sized ring terminals on each end, along with an additional 12 gauge lead coming off one ring terminal and running to the regulator.  Talk to Christopher Carpenter in sales; he was excellent.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special