News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Good Sources for Used Parts?

Started by Evan Wojtkiewicz, January 16, 2016, 05:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Wojtkiewicz

I'm looking for a good place to get used parts, particularly interior/dash pieces for my '67. Can anybody recommend a salvage/junk yard or other source with good quality parts for reasonable prices? I've been checking out DBaer's Cadillacville, I like how he has an online list of parts with prices. I've been wondering if the number 1 grade pieces are as nice as I hope since I can't see them before buying.

Anybody have a good experience recently with Dbaers or any other place?
CLC 29623

1967 DeVille convertible

jwjohnson86

Lot of good stuff on the eBay store Captain Cadillacs Cove.  Owner is a CLC member.  Have received a couple items very reasonably priced and accurately described.
1970 DeVille Convertible 472 cid

http://bit.ly/1NhHpdt

quadfins

A year or so ago I contacted Dbaers about an exterior stainless trim part. He had one that no one else did. It arrived quickly, well-packed, and was in excellent condition - as described.

It was a positive transaction in all respects.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

CadillacMac

Quote from: jwjohnson86 on January 16, 2016, 11:40:49 PM
Lot of good stuff on the eBay store Captain Cadillacs Cove.  Owner is a CLC member.  Have received a couple items very reasonably priced and accurately described.

I second this.  He had a VERY rare part in mint condition, but charged me half what everyone else quoted me.  I'll go back there whenever I can!
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine. Ain't nowhere else in the world where you can go from driving a truck to a Cadillac overnight.”
― Elvis Presley

Scot Minesinger

Have dealt with Cadillac King and Cadillacs Only with very satisfactory results for high quality trim parts and even mechanical parts (differentials, carbs and etc.).  I hear Honest John's in TX is good too.  Willington CAD in CT might also be a good place to go and they have always treated me well on used parts.  USA Parts in WV is also another great source for me too, although I buy newer parts from them more than used.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Chas

Dealt with DBaers this past Summer. First thing is, you can throw out his published prices: they were posted a few years ago. Tack on another 10% to 15% and you'll have an idea of what you'lll ultimately pay. I bought what was described as #2 condition parts. He was quite truthful in telling me what to expect and the defects to be found. As a self described perfectionist, it's just that my idea of #2 and his were a bit different. In the end, I swallowed and lived with it. You should know that he is looking to retire and sell off the whole operation. For this reason, he's at time short handed as far as staff. Might take you awhile to ultimately get your parts. And, whatever you do, DON'T TRY TO RUSH HIM! All in all, yea, I would do business with him again. A&A out in California is a yard that I've had good experience with.
1967 Coupe DeVille
1970 Coupe DeVille
1976 Coupe DeVille
1983 Coupe DeVille
1977 Harley Cafe Racer
1991 Harley Fat Boy
1957 Harley Hardtail
1949 Lusse Bumper Car
If you're 25 years old and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're 45 years old and not a conservative, you have no money!

55 cadi

ALLCADS in Vegas has a lot, more than they post, I have walked his inventory, a lot of good stuff.

I have bought from RPM Motorsports they don't have everything but prices have been pretty good for me.

1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

bill06447

Check your local yards first. The place I frequent has everything from a 1919 Buick (it's on top of the trailer that makes up one side of the gate) to a 2010 Crown Vic and all in between. A 59 Chevy wagon serves as a storage locker for starters waiting to be rebuilt. The 75 Eldorado vert I frequently pirate parts off sits between a mid-50s Packard and a 63 Bonneville. The only car not for sale is the 27 Chevrolet under the pines-the first car the owners' father brought in

Bill

Evan Wojtkiewicz

Thanks everybody! Ill have to go through all the suggestions and check them out soon.

It's good to know about Dbaers. The increase in price is to be expected, but its good to know it's reasonable.

I like what I see from Capt'n Cadillac on eBay. For what I need now, his stock seems limited (for now at least).

I'd love to find a local junkyard. Sadly in Michigan good classic Caddy junkyards don't seem to exist anymore around here.
CLC 29623

1967 DeVille convertible

John Abend

Thank you guys for the kind words.  I do try my best to help as much as I can.  As for my limited stock, I keep my focus mainly to 1965-70 parts with what I have listed being about 1/20th of what I actually have.  With more time (and hopefully more space soon), I'll be expanding my range to 1961-78. I try to keep the most frequently requested items listed on eBay and add more items when I can (I've been spending quite a bit of time on 3D imaging work for reproduction parts).  If you make a list of what you need, I can run it and get back to you within a day or so.  I don't keep heavily worn/pitted/cracked parts so practically everything I have is daily driver or better.
John Abend

'68 Sedan deVille Hardtop
'74 Eldorado Convertible
'87 Allante Convertible
'15 XTS Platinum VSport

Evan Wojtkiewicz

Hey John,

I didn't mean to say that you don't have great pieces. You have a lot of good stuff, I'll send you that message in case you happen to find some of the misc things I'm looking for. A bit of what I need is parts of parts. The second hand of the clock with good chrome and the acrylic lenses from the heater switch (mine are crazed and most of the lettering disintegrated) for example.
CLC 29623

1967 DeVille convertible

John Abend

No offense taken.  Some of the smaller bits you mentioned needing are usually parts I use to restore other parts so for the most part I don't really sell them.  That and it's not worth the time to build an auction for a $5-10 part of a larger unit in which the cost of shipping is more than the part. I'll check your pm.
John Abend

'68 Sedan deVille Hardtop
'74 Eldorado Convertible
'87 Allante Convertible
'15 XTS Platinum VSport