News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Allante battery drain

Started by Dulcidog2, January 20, 2016, 08:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dulcidog2

Hi, just bought a nice 91 allante - low mile car that runs great .problem is after it sits for a day or 2 the battery is dead .battery is fairly new . And I've checked no lights are on..
Any thoughts?
Thanks Bill

Alan Harris CLC#1513

This was a common problem on these cars. Mine used to do it every so often, back when they were a lot newer.

Supposedly, the computer would get frozen into the "wake up" mode and run down the battery while the car was sitting doing nothing.

I think that it might have something to do with the electrical switches in the door locks. 

Roger Zimmermann

It can by any of the modules not going to sleep after max. 20 minutes. There is a process how to measure the drained current; it's described in the shop manual.
When I was active, we had from time to time the same condition on a customer's car; once it was the radio module wich stayed in the "wake up" mode.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

76eldo

The rear top pulldown is a big drain issue.  Make sure you hear a click when the reat of the top is latched and pulled down.

This was one of the many Allante's electrical problems.

Your best be is to call Johnny Monzo in NJ or email him at itsonlyluv@comcast.net.

Dick Hussey in Florida (Allante Source) and Tom Rhoner in Calif. (Allante Store) are also great resources.

Owning an Allante will make a great diagnostician out of you for sure.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)