News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Interesting Cadillac for sale.

Started by 55 cadi, January 27, 2016, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55 cadi

Saw this from an eBay seller I check out sometimes.

161959223543 is the eBay listing number

Jason

1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

cadillac ken

Definitely looks like it started life as a four door sedan. Since the sedan roof kind of crowned in the middle for easy entry and exit from the back seat, you can see that it still rises slightly at the back.  Funny you can still see the factory A/C air intakes back on the rear quarters-- and he has another set on the trailer!  Tough parts to find for some.  But like you said an interesting car.  Filler panel ahead of the deck lid is interesting.  Obviously fabricated.  A lot of work went into that car. I can say first hand.

This is my project.  I had the same roof issue since this started life as a Sedan de Ville.  I used a coupe windshield and cut the roof skin to lower it at the middle.  The coupe windshield essentially provided for about a 2" chop "look" to the car.  Lots of work to be done yet.

But thanks for sharing the '55. 

55 cadi

Not sure why they put the air intakes on backwards on the rear of car.
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

cadillac ken

True, but frankly, I'm not sure why they did a whole bunch of things on that car.  The roof trim or landau bar?, The industrial diamond plate lower pieces on the trailer?...  IMO, another decent idea with poor design execution.

TJ Hopland

I like the whitewall snow tires on the trailer and then the almost flat black walls on the car.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Cadcliff

Old man in Casper Wyoming was bored one winter with not much to do and went ahead and did this conversion...
This was one of 22 vehicles I secured in a deal last summer.
He was a 56 FANATIC...having over 14 different models at one time...including Derham Limo, Custom Limo for Franco, Hearse, Ambulance, Flower Car, Viewmaster Wagon, Skyview Wagon, and all the regular issue 56 Cadillacs......
Cliff Graubard
CLC #1430

1955 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon x3
1956 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon- One of two
1955 Eldorado- bronze
1961 Cadillac Biarritz-bucket seats
1964 CDV- Silver/Red Every option
1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
1940 and 1941 60S
1961 Cadillac Convertible
1965 Cadillac Convertible