News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

A story of an unusual Cadillac "barn find"

Started by Lucas Feininger #15674, January 28, 2016, 12:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas Feininger #15674

Lucas Feininger
1965 Sedan de Ville
1965 Eldorado
2014 SRX
CLC #15674

"The only way to travel is Cadillac style"

jaiello21

Wow, what a rare find indeed.. Was just reading a Self Starter issue where they discussed the "Raindrop" concept. Thanks for sharing Lucas!
"Cadillac- A New Measure of Automotive Supremacy"

Quentin Hall

53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Hyfire

Yes, incredible, historic and ugly.   Obviously a face only the father could have loved. 

J. M. Ackerman

57 Eldo Seville

These cars were found just a few miles from my house.  But in 1983 I wasn't looking for barn find Cadillacs so even if I came across them I would not have been in the market.  Jim Walker was probably one of the few in this area who would have an idea what he was looking at with the raindrop car.
Dave Morris
CLC#28497
1957 Eldorado Seville
2020 CT5-V

cadillac ken

Finding a car like that is akin to winning the Lotto.  What are the chances?  I often wonder if the lucky folks who unearth these remarkable cars realize what a once in a lifetime occurrence something like this is for them.  Incredible find.

jaiello21

Quote from: 57 Eldo Seville on January 29, 2016, 08:34:09 AM
These cars were found just a few miles from my house.  But in 1983 I wasn't looking for barn find Cadillacs so even if I came across them I would not have been in the market.  Jim Walker was probably one of the few in this area who would have an idea what he was looking at with the raindrop car.

Dave did you ever see the raindrop car while Jim was working on it? It says in the article that he "partially restored" it before selling it to the Wiseman Collection. Very cool that the car was only a few miles from you, what are the odds!
"Cadillac- A New Measure of Automotive Supremacy"

57 Eldo Seville

Quote from: Jared Aiello on January 29, 2016, 05:09:27 PM
Dave did you ever see the raindrop car while Jim was working on it? It says in the article that he "partially restored" it before selling it to the Wiseman Collection. Very cool that the car was only a few miles from you, what are the odds!

No, but I have a friend who is one of the leading Cadillac collectors in the area and I will find out what he remembers.
Dave Morris
CLC#28497
1957 Eldorado Seville
2020 CT5-V

Quentin Hall

It appears to have originally silver in colour which I believe would suit it much better than  it's current " auction  red".
Probably not the most aesthetically pleasing factory customs but I like the morphing of ideas that resulted in  the 59. I have seen a factory pic (from the 54 dumpster album) of a new 54 with modified fins similar to 59.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz