News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1942 Cadillac 60 special Derham auction results

Started by gary griffin, February 01, 2016, 10:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

In case you missed it there was a beautiful custom 1942 Cadillac 60-Special Derham just auctioned at B_J.  $79,500 was sales price.  It was expected to go for 80 to 120K as I recall. I was really considering bidding but figured it would go for much more. I called a couple of weeks earlier to see what the procedure to bid entailed. It used to be that at equipment auctions we took letters of credit from the bank, but in this case to bid you had to give a credit card charge of $5,000 which would be refunded if you were not successful. Google it, beautiful car, and with a home town appeal ( I am in Washington also) (The state, not the mess next to Virginia) Total cost to me would have been much more as I would have to move and build a bigger garage  (which is in my plans already by the way)
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Bill Ingler #7799

I was at 4 of the 6 auctions in Scottsdale and thought sale prices for cars other than some high end sports cars and early 70s muscle cars  were lower this year. Muscle cars were in demand and brought high dollars. I would also guess that with Barrett- Jackson not selling cars with reserves until Sat that some owners bought their cars back. Good weather with temps in low 70s and lots of people. If you have never attended a Barrett-Jackson auction put that on your bucket list. Hershey week is great but auction week in Scottsdale is equally as great.    Bill