News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1954 series 62 coupe weatherstrip placement

Started by 54 caddy larry, February 01, 2016, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54 caddy larry

I am trying to figure out where the two auxiliary weatherstrip pieces go. One is about 16 inches long and looks kind of like a j, its description is upper hinge door hinge seal. The other is a strip that I believe goes somehow on the A pillar. Some pictures of these areas would be very helpful if anybody has any.
Thanks
Larry
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

My caddy is my never ending work in progress.

Roger Zimmermann

here is a picture of the A pillar seal.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

gary griffin

It may go on the front of the door. That is where they are on my 1957-60S. Look for holes and evidence of them there!
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

54 caddy larry

Thanks Roger, that's what I thought for those. One down one to go. This is the tough one. I haven't been able to find a picture of it anywhere.
Thanks
Larry
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

55 cadi

Hello Larry,

Hare are pictures of where auxiliary seal goes,  I wasn't possative which one it is but took a picture of both.  I have a 55 but I believe it's the same for the 54

The picture with new seal in hand and on location it goes. It goes just under the front window in front of the front fender.

Other pictures are of what is also called J seals, I can't find my new replacement ones but the picture shows what's left of my original and location, the J seal goes on the front of door around the upper hinge.

Also if you call Steele rubber and talk to a tech, they will send you detailed picture of the application of the seal location.

Hope this helps

Jason
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

54 caddy larry

Thanks Jason, those I already got. These are the ones I cant figure out.

http://www.steelerubber.com/door-weatherstrip-70-0551-73
Thanks
Larry
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

chris cunliffe

1957 Eldorado Seville #967

54 caddy larry

That does help Chris, an actual picture of on installed would be better though if anyone has it installed.
Thanks
Larry
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

55 cadi

Larry,

Those are the second ones I showed,

They are also called J seals because they look like a J.

Look at my second set of pictures.

The lower part/shorter part of the seal goes just below the upper hinge, there should be 2 small holes you will find which are for the stock ones that have clips.

When you find where the lower and shorter part of seal goes it will automatically show you how the rest goes.

The one picture shows my finger pointing at what is left of my original lower part of seal, below the hinge,
The second picture shows my finger pointing at the longer part of seal going upward past the upper hinge.

I will keep looking for my new seal because I need it and to put in place how it goes for you.

But also call Steele rubber, the techs are great and will email you a picture of where that seal (also known as J seal)  goes.

Jason
2005 Cadillac deville

55 cadi

Ok Larry, here you go.

Because of your post I went to take a picture of mine, then found they are not where they should be so I went through garage and I found them!

Herd are a couple pictures, they are of the passenger side.

Hope this helps.

Jason
2005 Cadillac deville

54 caddy larry

Thank you so much, exactly what I needed.
A person can always find the answers to the hard questions on this forum.
Thanks
Larry
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH