News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 Eldorado Front Fillers

Started by Rbatt2, February 05, 2016, 10:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbatt2

Hi - the fillers between the front bumper and body panels on my 1976 Eldorado need to be replaced.  I have the unfitted, primed fillers but haven't gotten around to doing the work and don't see me having the time anytime soon and would like to have it completed by the spring and summer driving season.  Does anyone have a recommendation in southeast Michigan of someone who has experience doing this work?  Thanks in advance!
1976 Cadillac Eldorado:  http://bit.ly/1NUBAx7

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I had the rear ones done by my local body shop last summer on my bustle back Seville. He mentioned at the completion of the job, that he was not in a hurry to do another one. (Like never.) They are a very high quality shop, so installing the things are a pain for anyone.
I think the main thing that you have to plan on is to find a shop that is willing to do the job, knowing that they will most likely have to remove and install the parts several times to make them fit correctly.
There is a lot of filing of the holes, to make them fit properly, and of course, if they scratch one of the painted surfaces while they are doing so, the part needs to be repainted. So, it might take a while.
There are stiffeners that can be discarded as well as the new parts are usually more substantial than originals.
You might try Maaco, as they have a "set" price in their labor charges. They admitted that they lost money on installing the rears on my wife's '79 Fleetwood. Good luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

76eldo

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Rbatt2

Thank you both.  Your replies further confirm that this project is beyond my pay grade with the time I have available.  Hopefully, somebody in the Detroit area or southeast Michigan can recommend a shop for me.

Dash

I replaced my front fillers with after market fiberglass ones on my 78 eldo  and they fit nice but its the  hardest job i have done.

Rbatt2

Bumping this to see if I can get any reliable, experienced referrals in southeast Michigan to tackle this project for me.  I tried my local body shop that previously did fender bender repair work on my kids' cars but they had zero interest in this project.  Thanks in advance!

Barry M Wheeler #2189

They've (tried) to do them before...
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville