News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

73 Deville Master Cylinder

Started by RobW, February 14, 2016, 07:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobW

anyone know where to get the correct two clip style master cylinder instead of the single long front to rear clip that holds the cover? Seems all the replacements even the rebuilt are the one long clip style.
Rob Wirsing

chrisntam

Isn't the one long clip style correct?  I find it easier to manage than the two clip style.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

RobW

Rob Wirsing

Scot Minesinger

Rob,

Are replacing the MS for authenticity or because existing MS on car now is bad? 

Since the clips anchor into the cast MS housing, you would think that the single anchor or dual anchor would not be able to be changed and any re-build would continue the top clamp system.  My 1970 is a single, and if a dual clip was made, it was likely in great quantity and should be available.

If yours is a dual clip now, it could be re-built.  However that is a lot of downtime to wait on plus some risk that your unit will be lost or replaced with a single clip rebuild at the rebuilder (not realizing you wanted your actual unit rebuilt).

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

RobW

Scott
Yeah too late for mine it got mixed in with some other junk and went to the recycler. but I think it was original as the car only had 80 something thousand miles at the time. All the replacements I see are single. Authenticity manual doesn't mention it.
Rob Wirsing

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

In 1973 the dual clip typewas original equipment.  However, all of the
replacements I've seen are single clip.  Why, I don't know.  Likely
GM saved a few pennies when they switched.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

RobW

Mike
I was just looking at the AC Delco web catalog and their replacement is single too.
Rob Wirsing

chrisntam

Try these folks.......

http://www.mbmbrakeboosters.com/

You'll have to find a distributor, they are a manufacturer.

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

RobW

Chris
yeah I see some that look similar in their catalog. Thanks!
Rob Wirsing