News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1929 LaSalle Clutch/Flywheel Inspection Cover Removal...need help

Started by ctc72961, February 17, 2016, 11:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctc72961

Hello Club Members   I'm working on a 1929 Cadillac/LaSalle with a V8 engine.  the clutch is stuck and I'm attempting to remove the clutch/flywheel cover so that I can see the clutch disc. Although all the bolts are removed from the cover it appears that the cover cannot be removed without drooping the oil pan.  The best that I can determine there is a flange that is built into the cover that rests or locks on the bottom part of the transmission bell housing. This flange stops you from dropping the cover in a downward direction but instead forces you to move the cover forward thereby inferring with the oil pan flange.  has anyone had any experience with these early cars   Unfortunately I do not have a service manual either....   and insight would be helpful   

Thank You
Carl Costantino.   
Carmelo Costantino
312 Prospect Ave
Sicklerville, NJ 08081
609-462-7412

Johan Boltendal #158

The sequence is trans out, cover of, beside that, you cannot see or reach the clutch or disc, the are sitting inside the flywheel. double plate (4 discs) clutch, if stuck
impossible to loosen fitted. So engine out or trans out, trans being the easier way to go by. Rear axle and attachments backwards, the trans out to reach the clutch.
Sounds like a big job, it is. Johan

ctc72961

Carmelo Costantino
312 Prospect Ave
Sicklerville, NJ 08081
609-462-7412