News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1958 wheel and underbody color

Started by Vikingrental, February 18, 2016, 11:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vikingrental

I am slowly making my way through my 60 special. Is there a specific paint code or color for the red primer used on the underbody of the '58 Cadillacs? The car is a good driver, not a concours show car, but I would like it to look closer to proper than not. I don't like seeing the "full black" treatment that some people do to the bottoms of the Cadillacs.

Also, what is the correct shade of gray paint for the Cadillac steel wheels?

Any help would be great!

Tony

Dan LeBlanc

It is typical red oxide primer used on the underbody.  Black, dealer installed, undercoating is also common.  All of the old Cadillacs I've owned have had it.

The DuPont formula # 1323 for the wheels also cross references into a Ford colour.  1951-53 Ford Woodsmoke Grey, code M2J-64.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car