News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Air lift - 1971 cadillac eldorado

Started by maurici, February 23, 2016, 09:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maurici

Hi

I need the pair of air lift 71 cadillac eldorado.
Anyone know the pn?
Where can I find to buy?

TJ Hopland

Those bags were not stock.  Firestone still I think has a line of bags so maybe look for a catalog from them?   So many cars have used a McPherson struts for so long there is not likely many car apps anymore.   Some of the smaller and mid size trucks and SUV's I think use coil springs so maybe you can find something that will fit there?

Factory system which was standard equipment on the Eldo was air shocks.  Last I checked they are still available from both Monroe and Gabriel and can be adapted to the original system if it still works or you can buy a manual fill kit.   

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Scot Minesinger

This topic of the rear suspension/shocks/level control in the Eldorados from say 1967 thru 1977 at considerable length and detail.  Highly recommend a search of this topic and read that.  I would put it back to as close as original as you can reasonably manage.  Cadillac spent millions engineering this system and really there are not many improvements on these circa 1970 Cadillacs over what the factory provided that can be improved upon.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty