News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Early start

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, March 02, 2016, 12:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

My insurance agent called this morning to see if he could drive over and take pictures of my two collector cars that I wanted to change my coverage to "collector status" to reduce my insurance premiums.

After disconnecting the trickle chargers, I got in the '81 Seville and after pumping it once, and letting it turn over for about ten seconds, I stopped, then hit it again right away. The V-6 started right up, and I let it idle while doing the same with the '79 Fleetwood.

Naturally, it took less turnover time than the Seville. Gotta' love those '77-'79 Cadillacs. NO valve clatter on the 160K engine.

I have a couple of spare programmers that I can't remember whether they are "good" or not. I have them ready to clean up and when the weather breaks, I'll change out the one in the car and see if we can get some heat in the old girl.

The speedometer on the '81 needs switched as it is noisy. So, I have a couple of minor jobs to do before spring. Beautiful sunshiny day today and only 19 more days till spring.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Scot Minesinger

Barry,

Thought the 81's were fuel injected - no?
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

936CD69

Scot, the V6s used a Quadrejet
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302