News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1958 air cleaner hoses

Started by Vikingrental, March 06, 2016, 09:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vikingrental

My 60 special is just about ready to start up, but I am stuck on the air cleaner hose connection. The car has air ride. The air compressor inlet hose connects to one side of a T fitting on the air cleaner to get filtered air. What hose connects to the other side of the T? Currently it is blocked off with a short piece of hose and a screw but I highly doubt this is correct. Any ideas?

David King (kz78hy)

I think the other line is from the exhaust side of the lift valve.

This car is different from my Brougham, I have not yet gotten into the air system on the 59 which is similar to yours.

Is there a diagram in the 58 service manual supplement?.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

fishnjim

Pretty sure Dave is right.   I was looking for an air cleaner and I found one but it had the hose connection which mine did not.  During figuring out what it was, I saw it was for air ride.   Not sure where I found info.
I have a manual and alot of other documents.   If you need a diagram or something.