News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac LaSalle Club of Australia - National Rally photos on Facebook

Started by Shorty64cad, March 20, 2016, 10:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shorty64cad

Hi Folks,

I just thought I'd point you in the direction of the Cadillac LaSalle Club of Victoria's Facebook page, where you can see lots of pictures and videos of our recently held CLC National Rally, The Kelly Country Cruise:

https://www.facebook.com/Cadillac-LaSalle-Club-Of-Victoria-132370510138307/

Around 100 Caddies and LaSalles attended, from all over Australia, and we had many of our friends from the US and other countries join us for 5 fun filled days of all things Cadillac and LaSalle!

Cheers, Greg.
Greg Short.  Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Greg:

Thanks for sharing with us.  The pictures and video's were excellent!  I could not help but observe that several things are universal when Cadillac people gather together:  beautiful cars, food, and fellowship.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Plus, throughout the event, the entrants that went to all the events actually drove their cars a minimum of 419.5 Kilometres (260.6 Miles) to the various locations and return over the 5 days of the event.

I travelled a total of 1697 Kilometres (1,055 Miles) to and back home.   Suffered a couple of vapour locks during the trip, but only when stopping as the heat from the roadway acted like a griller under the car.   Temperatures of 39 to 40C didn't help.   Hate to think what the bitumen temperature was under the hot sun.

The only breakdown I had was a split alternator/fan belt, and a Lawn Mower shop supplied the replacement.   Great being in a convoy of Cadillacs and LaSalles.   There was a series 75 to carry my passengers the rest of the way, and international member Chuck (C.R.Patton II) hopped out of one car and stayed with me, taking time to chat, and view the scenery whilst waiting for the new belt to be delivered back, in another Cadillac.   Life is good.   Luckilly they carried a rather large container of water to refil the radiator.   My 4 bottles of water weren't enough.

I now know why Cadillac put the overflow bottle on the left side of the Radiator.   One can see the steam rising out between the hood and fender whilst driving.   Then one looks down and observes the Alternator Light illuminated, and wonders how long it has been on for.   At least the Coolant light didn't come on, or the Block Temperature Light.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Shorty64cad

Bill, You are absolutely right.  Caddy people have a great time when they get together.  We were a little bit light on for numbers of our American friends, this time around, probably because we were only a month or so before the Las Vegas Nationals, but I strongly urge anyone from the States to add a trip to an Australian Nationals to their bucket list.  We will show you a great time.  My 69 couldn't make it this time and so I got to ride around in 11 different Caddies on the 5 days!

Cheers, Greg.
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

patton6606@gmail.com

Ladies and gentlemen

This was a fantastic event!  Well organized and executed by the planning team it was filled with great people and nice Cadillacs, especially LaSalles.  The knowlege of the members and quality of the vehiles was amazing.  I look forward to attending the next event in 2018.

Shorty64cad

Hi Folks,

I have been sent a link to a fantastic video of this event, produced by two of our excellent members, Scott and Craig Emmerson.  You can see their 1912 and 1923 Caddies extensively, as well as almost every other Caddy and LaSalle that attended, and great coverage of our Gala Dinner and Presentation Night. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOHRcbAGocY

Enjoy!  Cheers, Greg.
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

The Tassie Devil(le)

My '72 Eldo can be seen at 2 Minutes 51 Seconds in.   A good bit of the suspension working.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

59-in-pieces

Greg,
That was quite a meet and a fantastic Youtube link.
Thanks for sharing.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Tito Sobrinho

Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.