News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Float for 1966 Rochester 4-Jet 4GC

Started by Josh Noiles, May 09, 2016, 01:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh Noiles

My '66 Sedan DeVille flooded out in the worst way on its first trip of the season yesterday. Had to have the car towed: when you cranked gas spewed up and just poured out of the vents.

Got it home & pulled the bowl cover plate (top) off the 4GC Rochester to find the floats are full of fuel and had sunk. Really having trouble sourcing these, and even getting a part number. The front (primary) are the main issue but I'd like to new replacements for install both front and rear float assemblies.

Looks like floats for the Carter (also offered for 1966), are more readilly available.

They are original to the car (1966 hardtop Sedan DeVille from Alabama originally).

Any help appreciated! It also makes me worry about trying to acquire floats for my two 1960 Cads when the time comes, too.

I know I could attempt a repair but the holes are so small we cant even see them: obviously they are getting thin, and we want a lasting repair.

Thank you guys! Hope your summer motoring preparations are coming along nicely.

-Josh Noiles
Nova Scotia, Canada
Undertaker & Justice of the Peace

Classic Car Club of America 39782
Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Club 3768
Cadillac & LaSalle Club 28180
Professional Car Society 4223
Imperial Owner Registry 287892
Riviera Owners Association 15134

'56 Eldorado Seville
'60 Series 62 Six-Window
'65 Fleetwood Eldorado
'76 Coupe deVille

DeVille68

Hm..yeah. My usual venders don't have those listed. I have found just one source: http://www.carburetion.com/4jet.asp
Maybe they have some in stock too.

Part Nr Primary Float Assembly: 7012797
Part Nr Secondary Float Assembly: 7012148

Attached is a exploded drawing and parts numbers.

Best regards,
Nicolas
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)

Josh Noiles

Nicolas,

Thanks so much! Those GM numbers may be a huge help. Really appreciate that. As for what I've found online, those are the same listings. Figured I'm not in for an easy fight. Really appreciate you taking the time to send those parts pages!

Any advice/input welcomed, even on repair if anyone has experience. Thanks again!

Undertaker & Justice of the Peace

Classic Car Club of America 39782
Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Club 3768
Cadillac & LaSalle Club 28180
Professional Car Society 4223
Imperial Owner Registry 287892
Riviera Owners Association 15134

'56 Eldorado Seville
'60 Series 62 Six-Window
'65 Fleetwood Eldorado
'76 Coupe deVille

Ralph Messina CLC 4937