News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1991 SDV Stainless Lower Body Trim

Started by kevinanderson, April 07, 2016, 04:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinanderson

I am searching for the stainless trim that goes between the bottom of the door and up to the door lower trim(?). I don't know how else to explain it. There is a kit on ebay, but it has a beveled edge where mine is flat and just follows the contour of the plastic door panel. This trim runs from the front fender all the way back to the end of rear quarter.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/TYGER-For-91-93-Cadillac-Deville-Sedan-Rocker-Panel-Stainless-Trim
Kevin

beastly beauties

Are you looking for the rocker molding (all one piece), or the lower moldings on each door and fender? I saw the "kit" on ebay also. I thought it was a high price for used moldings IMO. If your talking door moldings my 1991 Brougham are beveled so that the doors when opened will clear the front leading edge. Let me know if I can help you in anyway determining what you are in need of.  Good Luck,  David Symonds

kevinanderson

I am looking for the piece that goes on the lower part of door. Below the belt molding. The kit on ebay has a horizontal bevel along all of the sections. I actually just need the driver's door piece but will purchase the whole set if needed. I had someone swipe my door and crease the trim but not damage the plastic belt molding. This is on a Sedan deVille-'91.
Kevin

beastly beauties

OK now I understand. I was talking about the full size Brougham, and you have the front wheel drive DeVille. My bad. It looks as though these were after market kits on ebay. The second picture they are showing is what you are talking about with the beveling, but that drawing looks like it is showing a chrome vinyl molding and not the flat stainless you are looking for. It is probably a generic drawing that is depicting the adhesive tape and protective covering which would apply to both stainless and vinyl. Best bet is to contact the seller via ebay. He will know hat you need and what his product is.  Sorry for the confusion in my earlier post.  Good luck,  David Symonds